Hope’s Wings is always in need of volunteers to staff our after-hours hotline, provide clerical assistance, support our clients, organize fundraisers, and much more. Direct Service Volunteers work directly with the victims of domestic violence. Our comprehensive training prepares volunteers to assist survivors of domestic violence in dealing with the traumatic impact of family violence. Support Service Volunteers work with our agency in other areas. To volunteer, complete a volunteer application and email to email@example.com OR mail to Hope’s Wings, ATTN: Volunteer Coordinator, PO Box 488, Richmond KY 40476.
Legal structures affect lives.
It is important that citizens across the state make their voices heard. There are many ways to get involved with the legislative process. Senators and Representatives are very responsive to the concerns of their constituents, and one voice can often make a big difference. Become an advocate and have your voice heard!
Hope’s Wings has a number of awareness and fundraising events throughout the year. Learn more about these fun ways to support our programs.
- “These Hands Don’t Hurt” Men’s Rally – October
- “Domestic Violence Awareness Month: Proclamation Signing and Lunch at City Hall” – October
- “Jail & Bail” Event – Spring
- “An Evening for Hope” – Summer
Kroger Community Rewards
Did you know you can donate to Hope’s Wings by grocery shopping? The Kroger Community Rewards program makes fundraising easy by donating to local organizations based on the shopping you do every day. Once you link your Card to an organization (Hope’s Wings Inc), all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Shopper’s Rewards Card.
Help Hope’s Wings simply by shopping!
- Amazon Smile
- Kroger Community Rewards
POSITION TITLE: Development & Communications Coordinator
REGULAR WORK HOURS/WORK DAYS: Position is 40 hours per week, full-time, salaried with occasional travel and additional day, evening and weekend hours as needed to meet position needs. A competitive salary is offered and comparable with experience. There is no compensatory time for this exempt, salaried position.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to and takes direction from the Executive Director of Hope’s Wings.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Works collaboratively with all Hope’s Wings staff.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The Development & Communications Coordinator is a new position and will serve as an advocate and promote awareness of the needs of domestic violence victims. The Development & Communications Coordinator works collaboratively with the executive director and board to create and oversee a comprehensive fundraising and communications program in support of annual and strategic goals. Responsibilities include grant writing and reporting; developing and stewarding relationships with donors and supporters; coordinating individual, foundation, corporate and planned giving efforts; ensuring that all gifts are recorded and acknowledged, keeping donor records up to date; facilitating the establishment of fundraising policies and procedures; engaging the board, staff and volunteers in carrying out all aspects of development; and establishing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy that supports the development program and promotes the organizational mission.
- Coordinate and oversee all fundraising and public relations activities to include annual appeal, annual fundraiser/s, social media fundraising campaigns, and other donor development activities;
- Implement long- and short-term strategies for development activities with measurable goals;
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization and ensure all fundraising efforts are coordinated and strategic;
- Manage grant writing process including identifying grant sources, writing proposals, and tracking and reporting results;
- Develop, foster and maintain relationships with donors and foundations;
- Identify ways to involve donors in our work and reach new audiences;
- Ensure the privacy of donor information and integrity of donor communications;
- Establish protocols to maintain accurate and detailed records of all prospective donors, current donors, and other constituents;
- Ensure accurate and timely gift recording and receipts with assistance of the Executive Director;
- Ensure all fundraising activities are done in accordance with ethical fundraising principles;
- Serve as editor of all print and web materials for development, recruitment and programming;
- Implement long- and short-term strategies for communications activities with measurable goals;
- Coordinate and oversee the design of direct-mail campaigns, fundraising materials, annual reports, newsletters, brochures, website, videos and other publications, as well as social media activities to include social media fundraising campaigns
- Develop solid, consistent and productive relationships with Hope’s Wings staff and partner organizations;
- Keep up with innovations and practices in the fields of philanthropy and communications;
- Participate in Hope’s Wings staff meetings and special events to include assisting with planning the annual fundraisers;
- Participate in training and evaluation activities to achieve continuous improvement;
- Provide information and answer questions from auditors, foundations, and donors;
- Represent the program and points of view of the organization to agencies, organizations and the general public.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings as requested.
- Prepare report for board meetings.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two-five years of progressive experience with nonprofit fundraising and public relations; OR, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience coordinating administrative aspects of development and communications programs, including collaborating with support staff.
- Knowledge of fundraising management and state and federal fundraising laws.
- Fluency with the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail and
- Dependable and able to manage workload and deadlines.
- A motivated self-starter and team player with sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); Adobe Photoshop & Design; as well as the ability to learn and use other software.
- Knowledge of and ability to use social media strategies and tools to include Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Available for occasional travel and evening/weekend commitments.
- Available to attend various functions and events.
LICENSING OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
Valid Kentucky driver’s license.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to driving, extensive travel, walking, climbing stairs, sitting for long periods of time, bending, and lifting up to 25 pounds or more.
All Hope’s Wings staff must be committed to the organization’s mission and values.
Hope’s Wings maintains a drug-free work environment.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your financial support is an investment in the health and safety of our community.